FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We realise that every person attending Tranzmission in September will want to be assured that we have taken sufficient and suitable precautions to make the festival safe for attendees, staff and the local community. We have been consulting the relevant agencies and following government guidance to inform what those precautions should be.
Following is a list of some of the changes we have put in place to make the event as safe as possible for you.
▪ The capacity of the event has been reduced to enable more social distancing to be able to be maintained across the festival site.
▪ All relevant and achievable government and health advice will be put in place, based on the advice at the time of the event.
▪ Entrances and queue lanes to the event have been re-designed and extended to enable as much social distancing as possible.
▪ There will be more toilets for the audience size, spaced further apart with queue management that allows for social distancing.
▪ Hand washing and hand sanitisation stations with hand gel will be extensively available around the festival site.
▪ We recognise that the safest environment is open air and well ventilated spaces so we have introduced an outside stage, in place of the main arena, and removed the sides from the big tops.
▪ Bars, food stalls and other attractions will all adhere to Public Health best practice advice.
▪ Finally, if the event cannot take place because of a Covid related issue, all paid for tickets will be refunded in full* by the ticket companies (*including 60% or more of the booking fee). Any complimentary tickets will be transferrable to the 2021 event.
What we need from you
▪ Everyone should show personal responsibility while attending the event. This includes staff and promoters. We will provide a more than adequate sized event space with additional measures for your safety, we ask that you do your part so that everyone can party safely.
▪ If you show any Covid type symptoms in the days leading to the event please do not attend. It will be massively disappointing for you but the safety of others must take priority.
▪ Face coverings are a condition of entry. Face coverings must be lowered during security searches if requested by Security staff. Body temperature readings may also be taken.
▪ Although we will provide facilities for hand washing and hand sanitisation, we recommend you bring your own hand sanitiser and other items such as gloves if they make you feel more comfortable. Please keep an eye on the event website before you attend, to familiarise yourself with both suggested and banned items.
▪ Please always respect other people at the event who may be either less or more cautious about social distancing than you are. Everybody has their own comfort zone for social distancing so we would appreciate everyones respect of others.
▪ Please use either the hand wash stations or the alcohol hand gel stations all around the event site, before and after any transaction or using the facilities.
▪ Please comply with instructions from event staff about distancing, queuing and movement.
▪ If your behaviour is seen to be a risk to others, you will be removed from the event.
▪ There will be an information point on site where you can seek advice about any concern you have at the event.
Please bare in mind that this is a festival event and as such will be on a grass surface which may be slightly uneven. It is always worth checking weather conditions on the day and making any adjustments to equipment you may need to bring with you for your convenience and comfort.
We provide a free personal assistant ticket to people who may need personal help from a trusted assistant at the event.
This is a simple process following the points below:
1. Order a ticket from Ticket Arena in the same name as is shown on the proof of disability document.
2. Send your proof of disability document (photo/scan by email) which can include current Disabled Living Allowance document, PIP or equivalent
3. We would then provide you with an equivalent grade ticket, be that Standard, VIP or VVIP.
You need to email the details through to email@example.com
Rights of admittance reserved. This event is for over 18s only.
This event operates a Challenge 25 policy full details available here. Anyone judged to be looking under 25 will be asked to produce photo ID. The only accepted forms of photo ID are a valid, in date, passport, driving license or Home Office approved proof of age card that clearly displays the pass hologram. Full details are available here.
The bars will operate a challenge 25 system. If you look under 25, you will be asked to provide valid photo ID proving you are 18 or over. Please take it as a compliment and if you’re lucky enough to look under 25, make sure you bring your photo ID with you.
Photocopies or birth certificates will not be accepted and are not valid forms of photo ID.
Please do not come without your valid photo ID if you feel you could look under 25, as you may be turned away if you cannot prove your age.
There is a strict no re-entry policy on the day. The event running times are 12pm – 10pm.
For security reasons, all Tranzmission ticket holders will be subject to searches at entry to the event. Please be patient if there are queues, and please cooperate with any security requests and all searches.
We have put in place all necessary measures to maximise public safety, working closely with the authorities. You can also play your part in keeping Tranzmission safe and secure by reading the following text on restrictions and prohibited items.
Restrictions and prohibited items:
In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Tranzmission reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, and to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event with no refunds (please note that we are not responsible for any prohibited items or other items that we deem inappropriate or unsafe that are confiscated).
– Anything illegal or offensive.
– Food & drink. There are a variety of licensed bars and catering open throughout the event.
– Illegal Substances and New Psychoactive Substances (Legal Highs) Tranzmission takes any drug use very seriously, including the use of nitrous oxide inside or outside the event, and anyone found in possession of drugs may face prosecution.
– NO Glass or aerosols, including bottles. For perfume please consider using a Refillable Travel Perfume Atomiser Spray Bottle, these are available on popular online stores like Amazon.
– Seats and chairs
– Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. Small bags are allowed with the dimensions of 30cm x 42cm (A3 size) nothing bigger please.
– Umbrellas and parasols.
– Tents and gazebos, tables, BBQs, stoves and gas canisters.
– Banners and flags with sticks/poles.
– Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at any time within any areas of the site.
– Dangerous or hazardous items g. knives, scissors, flares, fireworks, lighter fuel, aerosols, spray cans, air horns, klaxons or similar, laser pens.
– Chinese lanterns and Fireworks.
– Bicycles, skateboards and scooters.
– Any other items not included in the above list that we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to public safety and/or security.
– You are allowed to bring prescribed medication on site when accompanied by a doctor’s note or valid medical certificate.
There will be cash machines on site. However, to avoid queues, we recommend bringing all the cash you expect to need for the day with you when you arrive.
You’ll need to talk to Ticket Arena. Their details are as follows:
Tel: 0113 350 4114
Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 17:00
Saturday: 10:00 – 14:00
Bank Holiday Opening Hours: 10:00 – 14:00
Please note that all tickets are non refundable and non exchangeable.
DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW AND THEREFORE CAN’T TRUST. There are sharks out there ready to con you out of your money. Please, please, please do not hand over or send money to people posting on Facebook or any other social media forum saying they have tickets. Only get tickets from the official ticket outlets.
Last entry to the event is at 6pm
Event Postcode: SE19 2GA
Parking is available on site for the 2020 event as well as a free bike parking area where you can secure your bike, should you wish to avoid public transport.
Car parking needs to be booked (including Blue Badge spaces) in advance from:
Crystal Palace is easy to reach using public transport. For the latest travel updates please use the TFL Journey Planner before you depart on the day: www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
The nearest London Overground station to the festival entrance is Crystal Palace which is less than 5 minutes walk from the entrance to the event.
Travel By National Rail
Crystal Palace Station
Various National Rail services from Beckenham Junction, Highbury & Islington, London Victoria, West Croydon and London Bridge. Please check the National Rail website for a timetable & to plan your journey: www.nationalrail.co.uk
Other local stations are:
Penge West – London Overground SE20 8NU
Penge East – National Rail SE20 7BQ
Travel By Bus
Please use the TFL Journey Planner to view all available buses and to calculate your quickest route: www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey
Key bus routes stopping in the Crystal Palace area include: 3, 122, 157, 202, 227, 249, 322, 354, 358, 363, 410, 417, 432, 450, N137, N2, N3 and N63